- Photo sizesSquare
XXS - tiny
XS - extra small
S - small
M - medium
L - large
Home / Building Stuff / Magazine Rack 16
- Edge gluing 2 pieces of 1x8 poplar to build the sides. The bottom is built the same way.
- Building a jig that will let me easily drill the required holes into the end of the rails.
- Rigged up a jig on the miter saw to allow me to quickly cut all the rails the same size.
- Template that will be used to layout and drill the sides. The holes were put in the template using a piece of scrap that I dril
- One of the sides cut out and drilled.
- The other side is drilled and ready to be cut out.
- Everything is cut and drilled. There are 2 holes in each end of each of the 10 rails (4 down the middle, 3 down each side), and
- Done for the day. Everything has been rounded over and about half of it is sanded. After I finish sanding, it will be time to
- Pegs cut and installed in one side.
- Pegs installed in one side. I attempted to glue the pegs but the holes are so tight that the glue pushed riight through. My ne
- Everything is lined up and ready to pound into place.
- I pounded the whole thing together using a rubber mallet. It took a LOT of pounding because the pegs are so tight in the hole.
- A bunch of clamps.
- Pegs sawed off.
- Stain is applied. The finish looks pretty crappy I think. This does not make Mike happy. Don't make me paint over the stain..